Modernizing Clinical Trials for the Benefit of Patients
September 17-18, 2019 | Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel, Boston, MA
Featuring ACRP Executive Director Jim Kremidas presenting Workforce Innovation: Upskilling Site Staff for 21st Century Clinical Trials
On September 18, ACRP Executive Director Jim Kremidas will address one of the elephants in the room—as an industry, we are not doing a good enough job consistently ensuring the skill levels and training of site staff. The results of this is so costly that not even Tufts CSDD have a number on it. In this session, Kremidas will address head on the source of this problem and where innovation fits in so we can:
- Understand the inequality of the workforce performance in clinical trials at the site level
- Establish a definition and alignment on the competencies required for clinical research staff
- Establish industry standards for validating the qualifications of site staff
- Define a career path for site staff to enhance retention and quality
- Improve enrollment, accurate data, operational efficiencies and overall quality in the clinical research ecosystem
View Full Program >>
About DPharm: Disruptive Innovations
Nine years ago, a Pfizer executive coined the concept of DPharm: to truly challenge conventional methods of conducting clinical trials to address rising costs, protracted time to market, and a heavy patient and investigator burden. We are delighted to announce that for the 2019 event, Dr Scott Gottlieb, 23rd Commissioner of the FDA, has chosen DPharm to deliver an industry keynote with his views on modernizing clinical trials.
More than 20 pharma companies are reporting on specific innovations they have developed to better deliver new medicines. DPharm 2019 covers the full spectrum of clinical research, including virtual trials, digital applications, real-world data, big data management, AI applications, MAPs, EHR eSource operations, patient-centric strategies, new business models, collaborations and technologies.
Learn More >>