The Fellows Advisory Panel shall establish and maintain criteria and procedures for the nomination and election of ACRP members to the category of ACRP Fellow. These criteria and procedures shall be formulated to be in accordance with the constitution and bylaws of the Association, and they shall be subject to approval by ABoT.
Global Goals and Objectives
The Fellowship Advisory Panel is to annually recommend a slate of ACRP Members as candidates to be promoted to Fellowship.
The scope of authority for the advisory panel is to define selection criteria for eligibility to the Fellowship level of membership and to identify candidates for the ABoT’s approval.
The Fellows Advisory Panel will meet on an as needed basis to review applications and procedures.
Advisory Panel Representation
- Consists of up to 10 ACRP Fellow-level members
- Leadership will entail a Advisory Panel Chair and a Vice-Chair, who are appointed by the ACRP Board of Trustees
Role of Chair
The Fellow Advisory Panel Chair is responsible for leadership and facilitating the work of the panel.
Role of Vice Chair
In the absence of the Chair, the Fellow Advisory Panel Vice Chair is responsible for leadership and facilitating the work of the advisory panel. While it is the intent to have succession planning within panels through mentoring of all panel members including the Vice Chair, it should be understood that based on the needs of the panel, the Vice Chair may not automatically ascend to the Chair position at the completion of his or her term as Vice Chair.
Role of the Advisory Panel Staff Liaison
The Advisory Panel Staff Liaison provides all necessary support to the Chair, Vice Chair, and all the panel members to facilitate the work of the panel, including setting up meetings and helping to prepare the materials. The staff liaison is responsible for providing the orientation to all panel members.
Staff Liaison: Director, Membership
- Advisory Panel members will serve a two-year term and based upon performance may serve one sequential term of two years.
- Members may return to serving the panel, per the needs of the panel, after a one year break in service.
- If an individual has served two two-year terms, he or she may be appointed as Chair for an additional one-year term. Those who have not completed two two-year terms may also be appointed as Chair at any time during their service on the panel.
Skills and Expertise
- Advisory Panel members must be ACRP Fellow-level members
- It is critical that panel members devote sufficient time to participate and contribute to panel activities.
- Core skills and competencies of panel members required to meet the panel’s goals and objectives will be assessed annually to determine how open panel positions are filled.
- Skills and expertise will be determined annually by the panel as whole, with guidance from the Advisory Panel Chair and staff liaison.
- Expertise may include:
- Comprehensive knowledge of clinical research
- Strong Communication skills
- Leadership Skills
Related Working Groups: None
- An annual report will be submitted to the ABoT.
- The Advisory Panel’s work will be aligned with the Strategic Plan.